District Rules & Bylaws
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE HARTSEL FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT REGARDING THE ORDERLY ADMINISTRATION, PROTECTION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE DISTRICT'S FACILITIES AND OPERATIONS.
- The District welcomes the public to Inspect and tour District stations/grounds and response apparatus and such visits shall be scheduled through the District's administrative office or through contacting the Fire Chief (or his designee in his absence).
- No person who is not an authorized District volunteer, officer, director, or volunteer shall enter upon the District's station or grounds without having either lawful business to conduct at such station/grounds or an invitation to visit such premises, or unless such person is attending a meeting of the Board of Directors or has scheduled a tour/inspection of the District. Except as provided herein, such stations and grounds are not open to the public.
- Those members of the public who are attending Board meetings or other public District events shall not loiter nor remain within the District's facilities or upon the grounds after the meeting has been adjourned or after the conclusion of the event.
- Members of the public who attend Board meetings shall not willfully impede any District official or employee in the lawful performance of such official's or employee's duties or activities through the use of any restraint, coercion, or intimidation by force or violence, or the threat thereof. The term "employee" shall include both paid and volunteer personnel.
- Members of the public who attend Board meetings shall not willfully disrupt or hinder the normal proceedings of the Board by any act or behavior which is designed to intimdate, coerce or hinder any member of the Board or District officers from the performance of their duties at such meeting or session.
- The Board shall provide in its established agenda for public comment and input on any District issues. After such period of public comment, no additional comments from the audience shall be accepted while the Board is conducting its business except for when a public hearing is declared on a particular issue coming before the Board.
- All persons entering upon District premises shall conduct themselves at all times in a lawful and peaceful manner and shall not disrupt tile conduct of the District's operations or business affairs.
- Any person who has committed, is committing, or threatens to commit or incites others to commit any act which did, or would (if completed) disrupt, impair, interfere with or obstruct the lawful missions, processes, procedures, or functions of the District being conducted in or upon District facilities or grounds shall be ordered by the Fire Chief, or his designee, to immediately leave the District's facilities and grounds.
- No person shall intrude into any non-public area or office in which authorized District personnel are performing their duties (regardless of whether such duties are administrative, training. or maintenance work) and no person shall willfully impede, disrupt, or hinder the normal proceedings Of such personnel.
- No person shall disobey a reasonable request of the Fire Chief, or Incident Commander, to prevent obstruction of a highway or street. passageway, or building entrances or hallways when such obstruction renders an area or premises impassable or unreasonably inconvenient for passage, or hazardous to the safety of persons or property.
- No person shalt disobey a reasonable request of the Fire Chief, or Incident Commander, to clear an area or to disperse from a gathering when such presence or gathering is in close proximity to a fire or other such similar hazard to public safety and welfare.